Friday, August 1, 2014

Is Guardians the new Star Wars?

See this photo of us? Imagine that we are kids.


This film tapped into that place where our inner children sit. It tapped in and then pumped those kids full of pure, unadulterated, entertainment sugar.

See the entertainment sugar high?

This reminds me of the high we had when we walked out of the theater after the 10th anniversary showing of Return of the Jedi in 1993. And then I think, Wait. Is Guardians of the Galaxy the Star Wars of this generation? Or is this generation too jaded to have another phenomenon like Star Wars? I'll have to think about it, but not right now, because that line of thinking makes me sad. I'll just keep thinking about how happy my inner child is right now.

These inner children will be bouncing off the wall for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?